Monday, September 04, 2006

More Trouble - That's my life.

Well, I just get out of that cell phone theft mess satisfactorially, and I get into more trouble!

1) My cell fone got flicked in a bus. I saw the guy get off, so I jumped out of the running bus turning a corner and ran behind him around a mile. But he had disappeared. Ah well, damnit, what can I do? Dad's getting a new cell.

2) Wanted to take part in the antakshari competition at Pratibha, the Interclass fest. My team and I were dead sure of not only qualifying the prelims, but even about winning the thing. As it had to happen to me, the venue got changed at the last moment. We were actually having a class in the Multipurpose Hall before the break; the contest was to happen in the MP hall in the break. Then were flitted here and there trying to get information. When we finally reached the room to which it had been shifted to, it was 1.20 and we were 20 mins late. I tried to reason with the Student Co-ordinator, and she was quite rude. Couldn't let go of the matter that lightly, so went to reason with the Teacher Co-ord. She gave us permission. Started doing the written test. It was a SAD test. We could've scored 15/15 on that. We had gotten in Ques 9 in 5 mins, when this student co-ord bursts in all in a rage and accuses us of sneaking, cheating and lying. I told her to calm down, listen to reason and work things out. She wouldn't. Tried to show attitude as a senior, commanding a junior to lick her boots. I told her, I don't give a damn about her being a senior (not in those words...puhleeese) and went to talk to the Teacher Co-ord. Apparently, one guy had gone and lied about my team's and my behaviour and that was what had caused the ruckus. My friends came to my rescue. Supposedly, after I left the room to talk to the TC, the SC had called me a 'Bastard' and a 'Son of a Bitch'. The TC heard me and friends out, and told me she'd work things out. Today, apparently, the girl apologised, and we sorted out matters and things are all okay now. Hehe.

3) On saturday, which was sports day, Vip wanted a ride on the bike and Din wanted to ride it. I gave him the keys. Grave Mistake. They didn't turn up even after 25 mins, and Din is an amateur rider who doesn't have a DL. I messaged him from Kiddie's cell, and then he calls back saying he's met with an accident! I didn't believe him, though Kiddie pulled me to go looking for them. On Langford road, we kept calling Din, and all he said was 'keep walking straight'. I smelled a rat, and after an argument, Kiddie and I turned back. Grave Mistake 2. They called again, and I noted the note of panic in their voices. By this time, Shank had reached the spot and taken them to Hosmat Hospital for first aid. Kiddie and I rushed to where my bike was, a mile and a half down Langford Road.

It was pathetically mangled. The front fairing was fully smashed, the wheel bent and twisted, the suspension bend, mirrors cracked and smashed, fuel tank partly smashed in, front panel dis-aligned...you can imagine. My uncle reached the spot, so did Din't brother. They've taken the responsibility and they're doing the necessary work. Grateful to them. I don't think my darling Unicorn will ever look beautiful again and will ever be as powerful again. Just hope she survives!

More so, I was pulled up really badly and unnecessarily by my granny for what happened. Honestly, for a man of my temperament, logic and energy...it's becoming a pain living with her. No mistake, I love her lots. But I really am not able to concentrate on my work, what with jogging and gym in the morning, then 8 hours of college, music honours class on weekends and other such stuff to keep me occupied.

4) So I am moving out. I have started looking for an accomodation and have talked to Vishnu. When we find a suitable accomodation in Jayanagar 4th T Block, 5th Block or 7th and 8th block itself, we'll move in, on a shared basis.

Nice no? I think I should be directing a soap opera of my life. Amazing things happen. Trouble finds me invariably. Maybe I should marry it. Wot Say?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home